• Welcome to the forum of professional participants of the drug market!

Here you will get all the necessary information about organizing a laboratory of any size, from a small kitchen at home to an industrial facility.
    And if you have your own production, here you will find all the relevant information to improve efficiency and safety.
    In the sections of the forum you will find:

• Methods of synthesis and analysis;
    • Suppliers of chemicals and equipment;
    • Descriptions of the pharmacological action of substances;
    • Business technologies.

Home Laboratory: DIY Hot Plate Stirrer

MuricanSpirit

Reaction score
I fail to see why I should pay about 1000$ for a hotplate/magnetic stirrer if the tech is so simple.

Is it possible to just throw a hotplate over a stirring plate (if the stirring plate is strong enough to keep rotating eg. 5cm distance). Im not sure if the magnetic field interfers in any way with the hotplate.

I saw on youtube DIY videos how some ppl use pc fans with glued magnets to cause a stirring. Is it possible to use those fans at the side instead of below?

Are there any other ways to cause the solution to move?

Inspiration:

Last edited:

banister

Reaction score
I fail to see why I should pay about 1000$ for a hotplate/magnetic stirrer if the tech is so simple.

Is it possible to just throw a hotplate over a stirring plate (if the stirring plate is strong enough to keep rotating eg. 5cm distance). Im not sure if the magnetic field interfers in any way with the hotplate.

I saw on youtube DIY videos how some ppl use pc fans with glued magnets to cause a stirring. Is it possible to use those fans at the side instead of below?

Are there any other ways to cause the solution to move?

Inspiration:

Dayum son!? Where are looking at for these? You don't really need a laboratory approved hotplate/magnetic stirrer that rapes budgets of schools and hospitals.
Check out also kitchen restaurant gear. They have the very same thing, without the cool software and wires that come with the laboratory ones. They still have a meter to tell you temp, rotation RPMs etc. Which in the end is what you need. Then you can also purchase different pellets, the stirrir basically, in different weights, sizes, of course for different situations. Consider chemistry and cooking same same but different. Some tools are available for cheap in places you never thought to have looked because they are not advertised to a certain market same. I got a bad ass CorninWare one for $100 from eBay of all places. Works great.