Amphetamine citrate

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I decided to try amphetamine citrate.
I dissolved citric acid in IPA and added it to the amphetamine base, but not much salt was formed, only a little salt precipitated and it looked sticky. (ph = 6).
What do you think the problem is?
The citric acid I used is a monohydrate.

Mo0odi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
According to what I read here, there are 3 types of amphetamine salts

Amphetamine hydrochloride
Amphetamine sulfate
Amphetamine phosphate

Tell us more if you know more

amphetamine salts

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
There are more than these 3 salts (saccharate, aspartate, oxalate...)

I think each salt has different effects, so I decided to try citrate, but I couldn't find any information about it.

But I found a patent that says: mono amphetamine phosphate is more effective, dose for dose, than is the amphetamine sulfate.
Surprisingly, amphetamine sulfate contains more amphetamine base than amphetamine phosphate.

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Every acid will form a salt with Amphetamine what is a base.
Amphetamine Sulfate and Phosphate are common because they are not hygroscopic, say they do not suck water from the air and become a puddle.
Amphetamine citrate will most probably be no powder but a viscous mass and not suited for the usual ways of consumption.
The Mono-Phosphate being more effective is from a patent claim and as such pretty much as much worth as what a used car dealer says about a car he wants to sell. The Mono-Phosphate has a high bioavailability though as it is far more water soluble then the sulfate and as such there is a slightly faster onset of the drug. But it is also a very fine powder which is difficult to snort as if one pulls a bit to hard the fine powder goes straight into the heads cavities (nose, forehead) what is not only very unhealthy but also very painful. And for all other ways of administration except IV it does not matter so the fatser onset is compensated by tthe fact that you cannot snort as much as with the sulfate in one go and so - nice but not worth it.

Dr. X

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Amphetamine is an amine. Amines can form complexes(salts/crystals), if I'm correct with the naming, with every mineral acid. That means H2SO4, HCL, H2PO3 and so on. For more understanding here are some examples of how it's created:
R-NH2 + HCL →[R-NH3+]Cl-
R-N(R2)-R1 + H2SO4 →[R-NH+(R2)-R1]OSO3H-

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Not only with mineral acids, with carboxylic acids too. Acetate, Tartrate (important for separation of d- and l- ) Citrate and on and on. Fumarate and Oxalate are commonly used as they form easily separated dry salts easily.

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Perhaps it was necessary to absorb water before acidification with citric acid. I know the successful receipt of dry product and acceptable bioactivity. But the use of phosphate will be better.

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Is drying the citric acid (in IPA) with sodium sulfate sufficient, or must it be dried with heat?

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Dry the solution before acidification. You can also try to use maleate (maleic acid). I think it's more stable