Knowing what chemicals might be risky to order?

Leland

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
First of sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum please move the thread if this is not where I should have posted.

Hello how can I know what is safe to order, and what might raise an eyebrow?
Looking for information with regard to buying chemicals in the EU from other European companies but maybe from China I suppose it would be difficult to say without reviling my exact country but are there some general EU guidelines I can look at that would most likely be applied to me in addition to maybe some local rules added on top of the EU rules. Do I have to work for a chemical company to know these guidelines or are they publicly accessible?

miner21

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
I think this is a great question to ask

amphmnamii

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Here is written whole legislative. each country have own rules so idk from which country you so.

This is quite large article, but anyway there is much Chems that are dangerous to handle in every EU country:
Firstly: efedrine, pseudoephedrine (yes because is main meth precursor)
Also: IPA, P2NP, chlorines, and much other inorganic chems.
Methylamine should be risky also, but recently I saw that is selling on clear web like nothing. (Allegro: biogo)

Experts like g.patton should respond soon, they watch threads like this.They should tell you more.

Blammo

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Just thought, not exactly a rule or law.

Look at the chemical you want, say amphetamine, and find a direct precursor, say P2P. You look for a chemical or chemicals that would make P2P, call this one benzaldehyd, in a reaction you can perform.

You may have to go further back, and investigate what can be used to make benzaldehyde, and reactions that you can perform at the scale you want.

This can work for practically anything.

For things like solvents, look up a reason why they would be used, and learn about it. Say you order formaldehyde, understand why it is used. Learn about that thing so you know the right words to say if asked about why you ordered it.

Creating companies can make life easier sometimes. Business don't mind shipping things to businesses compared to individuals. A person ordering lots of formaldehyde is weird, but a taxidermy business ordering formaldehyde may not even raise curiosity.

Just some thoughts

Leland

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
@Blammo Great guidance I will look up legitimate reasons to buy everything, so I can have a reasonable excuse if someone asked.
@amphmnamii Great list. I will do a search on everything and look into local legislation as well before ordering anything.

Leland

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
@miner21 Thanks for the kind words, I hope to learn and want to ask and check on things before acting. Maybe this helps others as well.