Best recrystalization solvent for pseudoephedrine

T0lek511

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Hi,
I have question. What Is the best solvent for recrystalization of pseudoephedrine? I mean in solvent at normal temputure Its insoluble but if I heat, pseudoephedrine Is soluble. Please help me i didnt find it on internet.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
First, why would you want to recrystallize pseudoephedrine?

Tincan88

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I think maybe what he ment is is there another Solent besides methanol that could be used to extract pseudo from pills.no acquiring pseudo that’s pharmaceutical grade where you can just bam dump it is the dream . So you can dissolve the pills in water then put solvent on top and lye wash to get a cleaner pseudo????

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I'd call that an extraction, not a recrystallization. In order to do a decent recrystallization, you have to start with a pretty pure chemical, you can't recrystallize pseudoephedrine from pills in one step

T0lek511

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
I live in country where Is pseudo strongly restricted So Its only common as mix pseudo with ibuprofen I extracted with ethanol and let it evaporate. And I added water and filtrate it. And i let evaporate water but i have very dirty solution of pseudo and dextrose or other stuff. I used Nurofen Stopgrip you can find it on internet if you want.

Tincan88

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
What about this Krazy idea. Lest say I could get the oil separated off the reaction. And place it in a retort and put a beaker of acetone and chi if I let the oil in the retort drip into the beaker would it crystallize? And if I start out with the best E,R&I I can get the end product is going to be top notch? And is there a equation that I can figure out how much the oxygen on a given amount of pseudo would weigh. And what’s a goog yield on the Moscow route. And out of the three Moscow ,hypo ,or Nagai which has a highest yeild.?and can you tell me why after doing some anhydrous (birch) meth I would start to hallucinate ? Can any of the lithium that gets used be powered with the speed if they us to much

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't understand half of that.the Moscow method can yield as high as 90% which is a lot compared to others. You can compare the mole weight of pseudoephedrine/ephedrine to the m. Et. Of meth and that will give you the weight of 0.(x 1,000,000, the amount of molecules in a mol.) It wouldn't be acetone to crystallize anything. Can you not see the meth recrystallization video? I think Moscow and nagai are the highest yielding, but I'm not positive.
Hallucinations on speed is common. It's not the lithium. Most people experience that around the end of day 2 or day 3. Lithium can end up in the product. A little goes a long way towards killing you.

Tincan88

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Didn’t say it was. The acetone crystallizing it s the hci in the acetone that would do it Iv stayed up for awhile on red without hallucinations do one blast of anhydrous and wham beter trip then I don’t know iv seen some weird shit on things like hu 210

Raz

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Pseudoephedrine as a freebase is not an oil. It is a solid flake freebase.

triptonaut123

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
To recrystallize pseudo freebase you need to add the LEAST amount of possible solvent in dissolves in, you can use slightly heating to facilitate this, and then use a non-solvent that is mixable with the solvating solvent. Use as much non-solvent as possible without precipitating the compound. I have no personal experience with this, but for non-solvent acetone is a good pick. As a solvent, you could try methanol or water. The advantage of using methanol is that you could put it in a freezer or let it evaporate and you could see crystals forming on the side.