New PMK 2503-44-8 process???!!

hapax83

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been trying to get info about processing the new pmk offered as precursor CAS 2503-44-8 and I found something that worry me.

CAS 2503-44-8 is 3'',4''-Dihydroxyphenylacetone so the first idea could be using it as normal phenylacetone and you will obtain the product desired with the 3'',4''-Dihydroxy added right?
So imagine that you try to make the freebase using NaBH4 reduction for example in that case you will obtain:

3,4-Dihydroxymethamphetamine(HHMA) ref: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11559034/​

Is the major metabolite of MDMA so you will obtain something similar to MDMA but not real MDMA as supposed from a PMK MDMA precursor.

Possibly exists a process that I don't know, because I'm not chemist, to convert it in real MDMA if someone has more info...but at the moment this is what could normally happens so be careful.
In the case that you process it for example with an alkali hydrolysis to erase the hydroxyl group you will obtain theorically P2P not MDP2P possibly I'm wrong but is what more sense has.
Thanks.

Last edited:

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
This precursor can be used to produce 3,4 methylenedioxyphenylacetone. But the yields will be low, and the cost of the final product is high, there are more optimal synthesis routes.

The OH group cannot be erased to obtain unsubstituted phenylacetone.

hapax83

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Thanks not good product then.