Ozonolysis

Macondor

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi,
I want to play a litlle with piperine oxidation, i need some orientation and danger advice .
I see papers that claim that 1g of piperine in Acetone with 5% of H2O via ozonolysis produce 500mg of Piperonal with a 100mg/h comercial ozone generaton, Takes 8 hours. And then extract with Diethyl ether, but diethyl ether is not soluble in acetone? or i need when finish the reaction fill with water and extract? or maybe the Piperonal can be decanted

-This reaction in necessary carrier in a extreme cold bath?
-I have a 10g/h ozone generator with O2 inlet, with a bigger ozone like this, can cleaver much more fast ? 1g of piperine can cleaver in 6 minutes?
-Is necessary bubble throw solution or only pass the gas on the top of solution and stirring?
- Can piperonal degrade if the time is too large

Thanks

UWe9o12jkied91d

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Full disclosure I haven’t done this, so maybe have an expert confirm, but I’ll throw in my 2 forints
As far as I know oxidations are time and temperature sensitive, I would guess ice bath needed for this reason.
More ozone dosen’t necessarily mean more product or faster, it might just mean over-oxidation of your product into into it’s more oxidated state.
I think you would need to bubble it.
If mdp2p is any indication then yes, leaving it exposed to air and light will degrade it.
You are bringing a lot of modifications to an exisiting procedure, if the goal is some mf product then follow as close as possible, if the goal is to fuck around and find out then do whatever but do a report please!
Try getting it right with the conditions outlined, or as close to, then I would bring modifications, it makes the most sense.

Macondor

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
thanks man, i see a video that promt a ozonolysis in other molecule in youtube and the chem use a extreme cold bath and claim that can be carried -10 or -70 celcius, and dont bubble, only pass in one neck the gas of a 3 neck flask, so the ozone only pass in the top of a stirring solution. But yes maybe bubble is more fast and efficient. I like some advice ..because i know that can be a explosion with ozone and solvent and temp.

link of the video