What is 2-Phenylethylamine Hydrochloride CAS 156-28-5

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Has anyone worked with this?

Someone is telling me it is strong ephedrine and will reduce to D-Meth the same way as ephedrine?

Can't find no info on it

HEU5hSWB7w

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
We all wish that were true but neither is. 2-pea, also known as b-phenylethylamine is a naturally occurring catacholamine neurotransmitter found in your brain. It is a powerful drug but it only survives about 30 seconds before it is broken down by MAO-B. If you ingest it, it doesn't even reach your brain because there is a lot of monoamine oxidase in your gut. People have tried taking so much that they deplete the mao, and it can be done with several grams of b-pea.
This is the scaffold that so many drugs are made from, a phenol with a carbon chain.. meth, amphetamine, all of the hallucinagens in PhIKaL ( which is an acronym for phenylethylamines I have known and loved), cathionones, antidepressants. Mountains of drugs are substituted phenylethylamines. Structurally IT IS just a couple molecules different from amphetamine . The molecules are hard ones to do anything with. There's something on the phenyl ring, a hydroxy? That I have yet to see removed with destroying the molecule. There's a fentanyl analog you can make with it. I have found nothing else, but it's the holy grail to ameteur chemists and is referenced in several papers around 1915-1920 but I couldn't find it and 100's before me couldn't either.
Alpha-phenylethylamine, now that can be done something with

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Needless to say, I've thought about it a lot. I recall reading things that suggested elemental zinc and blowing gaseous b-pea over incredibly hot zinc could do it. It's a named reaction but I never saw any evidence of it working on a phenylethylamine specifically

FredDurst

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Thank you for the information Mr Buchner 👍

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
There is a route, b-pea ->phenyacetic acid -->phenylacetone (p-2-p) then in that way there is a path. As I rexamine this idea, a year later, I wonder again why you couldn't just halogenated it The do a substition reaction for a methyl moity🤔🤔🤔 people acted like that wouldn't work but I've seen it work in cathionones...

I wrote this yesterday and forgot to hit send. I am Going to re-examine this is. It sure would make it easy since they sell it at GNC and 10 0ther places