Anise oil as para-methoxyamphetamine (PMA) precursor

bblanco

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score

Try to see if this specific article was discussed or uploaded... so something with anise oil but i also dont get everything i read... So for those who can interpreter this better maybe nice... if old yadaa yadaa i will hear it soon enough..

Attachments

• 3b5xg7KLDk.pdf
    273.6 KB · Views: 592

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm confused about what you are asking. I feel I could follow this and achieve the goal. If you listed specific questions, I or someone else may be able to answer them. There's no question to answer though

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
2.4.2. Synthesis of 4-methoxyphenol
Twenty-three grams H2O2 (30%) was added to 19 ml
HCOOH (98–100%) to synthesize performic acid. The latter
was added to an intensely stirred solution of 4-methoxy-
benzaldehyde (12 ml) in 200 ml DCM (DCM was chosen
since it is inert towards H2O2
). The stirred mixture was
allowed to reflux at 39 8C for ca. 20 h. The performic acid
was added in 5 ml quantities with 15 min intervals. Initially,
the reaction mixture was colorless, but after half an hour, a
pale yellowish shine appeared. During the reaction, the color
became more intense and changed to yellow-brown. When
the reaction was finished, the DCM phase was isolated and
the solvent removed via vacuum distillation. Then, 200 ml
NaOH (20%) and 75 ml MeOH were added. The mixture
was stirred for 1 h. MeOH was removed with vacuum
distillation and the alkaline mixture was acidified with
HCl (32%) till pH 1. The mixture was extracted with 2-
150 ml DCM. The DCM extracts were combined and the
solvent was removed via vacuum distillation. The 10.5 g of a
brown liquid that easily solidified upon contact with air
remained. GC-HSPME/MS analysis indicated 4-methoxy-
phenol as main component. Purified 4-methoxyphenol was
white

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
23g of 30% hydrogen peroxide was added to 19 ml of pure formic acid, making performic acid.
Put 12ml of benzaldehyde in 200ml dichloromethane. Mix it. The performic acid was added 5ml at a time, every 15 minutes. It was refluxed at 398°c for 20 hours. It went from clear to light yellow and then yellow - brown. It was put into a separatory funnel, and then the brown stuff was vacuum distilled. I'm guessing that with mold heating the temperature will stop rising for a bit and clear DCM will cross over. When it is gone the temp will start rising and you are done with that part.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
40g of sodium hydroxide was dissolved in 200ml of water and 75ml of methanol. It was combined with your rm from the last post and stirred for an hour. It was vacuum distilled until the first fraction (methanol) came off (watching for the thermometer jump again). 32% hydrochloride acid was added with plenty of stirring to pH 1. 150ml of DCM was added, stirred or swirled for a while ( how about 5 minutes) it was separated ( separatory funnel) 150 ml DCM was added again swirl/ stir, separatory funnelled, then the dcm was vacuum distilled. The brown liquid solidified into 10.5 grams of dirty methoxyphenol....

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
40g of sodium hydroxide was dissolved in 200ml of water and 75ml of methanol. It was combined with your arm from the last post and stirred for an hour. It was vacuum distilled until the first fraction (methanol) came off (watching for the thermometer jump again). 32% hydrochloride acid was added with plenty of stirring to pH 1. 150ml of DCM was added, stirred or swirled for a while ( how about 5 minutes) it was separated ( separatory funnel) 150 ml DCM was added again swirl/ stir, separatory funnelled, then the dcm was vacuum distilled. The brown liquid solidified into 10.5 grams of dirty methoxyphenol. Looks like vacuum distillation is the best way to clean it followed by petroleum ether/ethyl acetate recrystallization. But !!!!

OrgUnikum

Don't buy from me
Resident
Language
🇬🇧
Reaction score
Do not produce, do not proliferate PMA in any way, every time this appears some people die as this drug has a very bad safety profile and additionally always feels like one has just not used enough to get the desired effects.
Having produced a drug which killed people is bad enough, additionally its riling up the pigs who driven by the media which go always crazy when such things happen start taking the whole scene apart for some quick stories of success.
Also absolutely everybody will snitch on you and rightfully so.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Update I was perusing the Rhodium archives and that hyper link will take you to making P2P using anathole