lab setup for synthesis 4-mmc beginner

abis777

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Hello, for about two weeks I did my best to learn and understand the synthesis for 4-mmc. Now, I want to set up the lab and prepare for my first synthesis at a low scale. My eq list is: safety labware, drip funnels, magnetic stirrer, a round bottom flask (2L in my case at low scale), condensor, buchner funnel, beakers, ph stripes, vacuum pump and chamber, separatory funnel and pyrex glass. Did I miss anything? And maybe you have some great tips for starting out. Thanks in advance.

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You're the third guy this week so far to ask this. There are people doing this in pop bottles in the woods. Whay does one really need? None of it, really. Consider this a seperatory funnel looks like chemistry equipment but a gallon zip lock bag you clip the corner od and discard looks like ambiguous garbage. A 2l round bottom flask looks like chemistry glass, but a 2 liter pop bottle looks like ambiguous trash....

abis777

Don't buy from me
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Quite an interesting perspective. Have a nice day

Dr. MMX

Professional
Manufacturer Seller
Language
🇺🇸
Reaction score
Deals
If you alraedy do have equipment i d suggest
50, 100, 200, 400, 800 beakers
and 1000, 2000 ml wide type beakers

2x spoon-spatula

thermometer :)

Osmosis Vanderwaal

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
You're definitely going to want a buchner funnel get fine frit. Some glass pipettes are handy. You need some containers with screw in kids, glass. An alihn condensor for refluxing. Ditch the plastic kek clips, they break fast get some heavy wall tubing because what comes in a kit collapses easily under vacuum, but you can use it for condensor water. An aquarium pump to pump the water ( or aspiratior) stir bars