Looking for hydrochloric acid 35%-37% vendor

leopard12

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
As the title says, Im looking for a 35-37% hydrochloric acid vendor. Thanks in advance for the help

CCL4 huffer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
As the title says, Im looking for a 35-37% hydrochloric acid vendor. Thanks in advance for the help
leopard12just go to a store and buy HCl they sell 30% for cleaning and then just destill it if u need it rl pure but mostly iron contamination isnt too big of a issiue and in general u dont need it fuming 30% should work just as good u just need to calculate in the difference but that aint too hard.
the hardware store is ur best friend and most reliable suplier.

Zan444

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
just go to a store and buy HCl they sell 30% for cleaning and then just destill it if u need it rl pure but mostly iron contamination isnt too big of a issiue and in general u dont need it fuming 30% should work just as good u just need to calculate in the difference but that aint too hard.
CCL4 hufferYou cant distill hydrochloric acid.............

View previous replies…

Zan444

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
... u ofc can ever heard of a azeotrope? dont spread false if information if u have no clue whatsoever about chemistry.
CCL4 hufferAn azeotrope or a constant heating point mixture is a mixture of two or more components in fluidic states whose proportions cannot be altered or changed by simple distillation. This happens because when an azeotrope is boiled, the vapour has the same proportions of constituents as the unboiled mixture.

Please explain now how you want to do it without total brainfuck. You said destillation so lets go explain how you want to do it by destillation.

CCL4 huffer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
An azeotrope or a constant heating point mixture is a mixture of two or more components in fluidic states whose proportions cannot be altered or changed by simple distillation. This happens because when an azeotrope is boiled, the vapour has the same proportions of constituents as the unboiled mixture.

Please explain now how you want to do it without total brainfuck. You said destillation so lets go explain how you want to do it by destillation.
Zan444my point was just that u can remove contaminats like iron shit by destilling it i dont eaven know what ur issiue is.

Zan444

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
just go to a store and buy HCl they sell 30% for cleaning and then just destill it if u need it rl pure but mostly iron contamination isnt too big of a issiue and in general u dont need it fuming 30% should work just as good u just need to calculate in the difference but that aint too hard.
CCL4 hufferYou cant distill hydrochloric acid.............

View previous replies…

CCL4 huffer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
You cant distill hydrochloric acid.............
Zan444
NCPwVKqW0l

then what is this? im smelling a azeotrope 🤔

leefork340

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
or if u want sum proof do me a favor just try it out
CCL4 hufferin azeotropic mixtures, the boiling point of the mixture is different to that of the individual components, when you try to distill a HCL/Water mix the vapor that forms is indeed a different composition, so at small amounts you can indeed distill HCL to some degree, however, the more you try to concentrate it, the composition of the vapor becomes close enough to that of the liquid to form an Azeotrope, at this point simply heating the solution will not cause any additional separation, even if you meet the seemingly required heat to do so, This is because the vapor maintains the same composition as the liquid, if you were to bypass this you would need an additional compound (an entrainer) that can modify the composition of the vapor phase, allowing for further separation by "Breaking" the azeotrope. for an HCL/Water mix you may be able to achieve this with alcohols or organic solvents like Toluene.

This is all to say, just find a good source for higher concentrations as doing it alone at small scale probably wont be cost effective.

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
lol I love some of the arguments on here (so long as I am not the person being called an idiot) been there, done that! Ha jk.
I WILL admit that until recently I didn’t realise you can only get up to a certain % concentration with HCL.
I did know about azeotropes from alcohol but didn’t realise the concentration was so low with HCL (I’m sure a body in a barrel of the stuff would disagree with that assessment!) so I didn’t realise that I actually did have 5L of conc. HCl acid.
Gotta live to learn! I actually have only used the 10% stuff so far tbf.
It was surprisingly hard to obtain in this country via just websites tbf.
now I’m struggling with cyclohexylamine or n-butylamine. There’s ALWAYS something - even when i am doing one RXN I am planning like two RXN’s ahead as I’m now aware how long shit takes to gather!

leefork340

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
lol I love some of the arguments on here (so long as I am not the person being called an idiot) been there, done that! Ha jk.
I WILL admit that until recently I didn’t realise you can only get up to a certain % concentration with HCL.
I did know about azeotropes from alcohol but didn’t realise the concentration was so low with HCL (I’m sure a body in a barrel of the stuff would disagree with that assessment!) so I didn’t realise that I actually did have 5L of conc. HCl acid.
Gotta live to learn! I actually have only used the 10% stuff so far tbf.
It was surprisingly hard to obtain in this country via just websites tbf.
now I’m struggling with cyclohexylamine or n-butylamine. There’s ALWAYS something - even when i am doing one RXN I am planning like two RXN’s ahead as I’m now aware how long shit takes to gather!
RabidrejectI don't think OP really realizes the properties of HCL, as HCL is only a concentrated liquid at around 35%, at higher concentrations it'll just bubble off into the air as HCL is a gas in its pure form, this contributes to its shitty distillation qualities, additionally HCL has a high binding to water, so simple distillation past around 20% HCL and 80% Water is rendered impossible since that's the composition that typically forms an Azeotrope for that mix, at least without the presence of a entrainer, but its also important to note that depending on the entrainer you may need to do additional separation to remove the solvents.

leefork340

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I don't think OP really realizes the properties of HCL, as HCL is only a concentrated liquid at around 35%, at higher concentrations it'll just bubble off into the air as HCL is a gas in its pure form, this contributes to its shitty distillation qualities, additionally HCL has a high binding to water, so simple distillation past around 20% HCL and 80% Water is rendered impossible since that's the composition that typically forms an Azeotrope for that mix, at least without the presence of a entrainer, but its also important to note that depending on the entrainer you may need to do additional separation to remove the solvents.
leefork340Not to mention that shipping HCL at that kind of concentration has heavy regulatory requirements, if you were to ship it domestically without proper paperwork you could risk seriously harming postal workers, which i doubt anyone here supports, In some countries that may even be enough to buy you a terrorism charge.

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Not to mention that shipping HCL at that kind of concentration has heavy regulatory requirements, if you were to ship it domestically without proper paperwork you could risk seriously harming postal workers, which i doubt anyone here supports, In some countries that may even be enough to buy you a terrorism charge.
leefork340ABSOLUTELY! It was a private shipping company and a 5L container of ‘pool cleaner’ and so they knew exactly what it was - I OBVIOUSLY have a hot tub I’m cleaning for my mum DUH!
Haha it’s pretty handy I DID buy 5L of it coz when I DO use it, which shouldn’t be too far away now - either that or the azeotropic sulfuric acid but that’s another story entirely as it’ll be for salting purposes (at whatever strength is needed - I been learning about volumetric flasks. Pretty interesting.)
I paid through the nose for the shipping on that to be fair…£50 as I recall…
Oh and haha I bought 25g of NaBH4 from APC Pure (great company, not a diss on them at all) and paid like £30 or maybe even £50 for the delivery when the product was like £12 haha
😛 stupid but wotcha gonna do! When you need it you need it - oh wait, do I need it?! Haha oh yeh the NaBH4 I did, iv used it. Was great now need and am waiting for a vacuum chamber + pump

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I may be the exception with this as I only get drops and drabs of money now and again so I dunno. I’m sure if you are looking to actually sell and invest it’s a different story - I’m a personal use / cognitive liberty guy.
Been to prison for dealing. Don’t want to get involved again so got I to chemistry! Haha

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect