Pharmahuasca

diogenes

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this as this is more of a question than a description. I have been thinking for some time and searched the internet, but never found any reliable data on `real` Pharmauasca in the sense that DMT is given with actual medication of a known dose. DMT plus MAOI medication. There is an antidepressant class called MAOI (even though they are efficient drugs they are not used too often due to side effects a strict dietary requirements. There are irrevesible MAOIs and reversible ones, I guess the reversible would be the best option due to safety and more controlled length of the session.

Please let me know if you know of any research or data with medication/form/dose especially in comparison to a usual dose traditional session. Has anyone ever tried to establish a kind of dose regime of any currentluy available MAOI antidepressant to be given with the DMT to replace the caapi vines. You might not like this idea I have had lots of arguments about such things with my buddy who is all into natural staff cultivation etc and he would say `you need the other alkaloids too, they were put in there for a reason`. For me the `other things` are linked with side effects and puking eg shivering when drinking a dense peyote concoction.

If anyone had the patience to titrate slowly (starting with a low dose of the MAOI medication then very small increments in consequent sessions) I think it would make it very convenient and accessible and also easier to store as caapi vine has limited shelf-life.

tryptaminelover

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Here are two papers with some potentially useful data on pharmahuasca dosaging that I had saved:

Pharmahuasca: Human Pharmacology of Oral DMT Plus Harmine
Jonathan Ott
sci-hub link: https://sci-hub.st/https://doi.org/10.1080/02791072.1999.10471741

Risk assessment of ritual use of oral dimethyltryptamine (DMT) and harmala alkaloids
Rober S. Gable
sci-hub link: https://sci-hub.st/https://doi.org/ 10.1111/j.1360-0443.2006.01652.x

You can probably find some more literature on the topic by skimming through google scholar--or some other search engine--and using sci-hub to access anything behind a paywall.

Another good place to search would be the dmt-nexus. There are likely a few people there willing to report their first-hand accounts with pharmahuasca.

P.S. If you plan on consuming DMT orally, I have heard that converting the freebase to a salt before ingestion provides a much more pleasant taste and experience.

Cheers,
tryptaminelover

diogenes

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi tryptaminelover,

Thank you for the information, and the tip on the free base. My question was, however, referring to `proper`, pharmaceutical drugs, which are used by mainstream medicine to treat depression. My best candidate would be Moclobemide which is a reversible MAO-A inhibitor marketed in most parts of the Western world. Why people are not using it more often than herbs with varying, uncertain levels of active ingredients?

tryptaminelover

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I do not have a great answer for you and can only offer speculations. Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can chime in.

From the perspective of someone in the United States, RIMAs are not readily available. Furthermore, many in the US fear RIMAs because of their adverse interactions with other drugs and the well-known side effects of their outdated counterparts--irreversible MAOIs.

Moreover, I speculate that many of the psychonauts who share their experiences with pharmahuasca online extract their own DMT. So, also extracting harmaline and harmine from the easily obtainable rue seeds is not very difficult--and still allows accurate dosage of medically known RIMAs.

Then, there are those like your friend, who prefer 'natual stuff.' These people likely opt for more traditional ayahuasca ceremonies--which are sometimes legal and more well known than pharmahuasca.

As far as research, legal protection for sacramental use of ayahuasca and the cooperation of ayahuasca religions makes it easier to study than its illegal and less mainstream counterpart--pharmahuasca.

Cheers,
tryptaminelover

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect