Question regarding PMK

Montecristo

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
hello, With the new PMK (ethyl glycidate) is there a process i have to do to convert it to PMK oil? I see there is a process to convert PMK methyl glycidate, will this work the same? does anyone have any tips?
Thanks!

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Methyl, ethyl, tert-butyl, isopropyl, etc. ethers react with alkali and after react with acid. The reaction is always typical for any ether. A big question about the quality of the most glycide ether.

Last edited:

ghostprince

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
ran across this synth process for glycidate and was wondering if anyone tried it
"
Put glycidate into warm water, add lye until the PH is decently basic.

Stir for an hour to finish the saponification.

Drip in HCl slowly, the solution will bubble. Add it in until the solution stops bubbling and the PH is slightly acidic. (probably don't want it to be too acidic, might break something down/cause polymerization)Stir this for an hour, heated to around 80C.

At this point, the converstion is complete. Extract with DCM, wash DCM with NaCl brine, and evaporate DCM. Bam, you have your final product, ready for vacuum distillation"

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Only for ether, not for salt
The reaction time will depend on temperature and quantity. Better at room temperature and 12 hours or more.
pH<=3, 80-90*C. If there was no excess alkali before, then there will be no strong bubbling at the beginning.
If we have a concentrated aqueous solution (acidic with alkaline salts), and a hot mixture, BMK will be a layer on top.

Gus_Fring

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
anyone tried this? looks very interesting.... but i lost a lot of the pmk trying recipes...

Gus_Fring

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
so.. you tried this recipe with those changes? results?

Fring

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
could I use ether instead the DCM?

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
Yes, and not only ether