Recommend how to distill sulphuric acid

blockchain

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Im planning to order Vevor 32 piece distilling kit to distill sulphuric acid. Any tips what else i would need?
Maybe vacuum pump and cold trap?

Any for laboratory equipment shop in EU would be nice.
Need to order a lot of stuff to start lab

pekonias

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I used the Vevor kit to distill sulphuric acid in my balcony. It proved durable. Used 2L flask with heating mantle (It must be able to go to 400 C). Distill 1.8L battery acid or pool pH down that contains H2SO4. At first the water comes out (containing ~1% H2SO4). You have to keep increasing the power of heater as remaing solution becomes more concentrated with H2SO4. When 90% H2SO4 remains in the boiling flask the H2SO4 in the output increases rapidly until the azeotrope concentration is reached. At the 90% point, start collecting your acid in several beakers. You'll notice the collected liquid is heated up when H2O and acid re-mix in the beaker. When a new fraction no longer heats as you switch to new beaker you know you're collection max. concentration H2SO4. Do not use vacuum distillation or fractionating column! The glass is already at high stress in the condenser as the well over 300 C vapour is condesed by coolant. Run warm water in condenser to be on the safe side and always keep a physical shield between you and apparatus.

As for equipment, have you checked Amazon or e-bay?