Question Urgent help needed

kokkewiet

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
We have so far lost about 400g in final product with the methedrone easy synthesis. . :cry: We are close to cutting our wrists as we are going to loose everything if we can't get this up and running.
The product remains burning and has a strong chemical smell and taste. I'm not sure if it could be the DMA?

This is the ingredients that we have available. Perhaps we should start there. If you can confirm for me that all ingredients are right.
2Bromo 4 (Powder)
Methylamine Hydrochloride (Powder)
Hydrochloric Acid 35%
Dychloromethane stabilized CP (C H2 C12: 84.93)
Acetone with description:

(A flammable liquid with a pungent odour free from sediment)
Acetone with description:

Pure fast acting ketone solvent
Effective at dissolving and cleaning grease, oil, fats and adhesives
Fast acting resin and paint diluent
Methanol Free
Benzine with description:

Alphatic Solvent Blend
Effective at cleaning and removing oils, fats and adhesives
Softens rubber surfaces
Methanol Free
Normal household Bicarbonate of Soda
Sodium Hydroxide Solution 1N
Sodium Hydrogen (Bi) Carbonate CP (C H Na 03: 84.01)

If we could get a step-by-step procedure. If something should be shaken with cold water, please indicate. If it should be boiled, please indicate. If it should be closed / open lid, please indicate. IF it should be in the freezer or dried somewhere, please indicate. We do not have lab equipment yet and therefore using glass bottles.

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Well, ghetto equipment works best for an experienced chemist... The successful way is to start with the standard lab method and then reduce the complexity of apparatus. One clear point is that you used methylamine hydrochloride and for the normal synthesis the aqueous freebase solution of 40% is what most people use, what happened is that the hydrochloric acid from the methylamine salt you used will affect the bromine from it's activated position and it will be less willing to switch places with the amine moiety, then the normal excess of freebase methylamine would have to catch the halogen ion but you already have an equilibrium from using the salt instead of freebase. I'm sad to announce you that your reaction mixture/product is unfortunately impossible to save. But I would gladly guide you in making a new batch given that your DCM and acetone have been distilled prior to use (this requires what I call a minimal chemistry set for which vevor has a good price).