Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Why is there no amphetamine in the form of oxalate salt

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
You can form oxolate salt of amines but I guess its a little bit tricky,it might be good alternative to hcl,but if you have any left oxalate acid in your product,its toxic

The amine freebase was dissolved in 5x its volume of dry IPA, and added dropwise to 1eq of anhydrous oxalic acid dissolved in IPA. In some case, no solid formed directly. 3x the volume of ether as added, and teh erlenmeyer placed in the freezer. An hour later, a voluminous fluffy white precipitate had formed. It was vacuum filtered, offering a gel like solid. It was triturated under ether, and dried by suction, then under vacuum. Recovery was between 60 and 95%.
Evaporating the filtrate gives an oily material, which crisatllizes when covered with ether and placed in the freezer. Recrysatllization with IPA:ether removes the last traces of oxalic acid.

With this method you can also form citrates
Instead of ipa you can try using ethyl acetate

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Thank you for your patience in answering, in fact, I haven't reached that stage yet. I am currently experiencing failure in the process of extracting ephedrine from Ephedra using ephedra.

View previous replies…

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
It's all right,as for extracting from Ephedra I cant help you because I never done it myself or even research much about it

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I have a bold idea: Since Ephedra sinica continuously releases ephedrine when dissolved in hot water, would it be possible to directly heat a mixture of Ephedra sinica, iodine, red phosphorus, and water under reflux for 24 hours? Would the resulting product potentially yield freebase methamphetamine directly?

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Perhaps it will have low yield with a lot of organic by products and who knows what side reactions, wouldn't recommend at all

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Thank you, but with my current limited resources, perhaps I won't be able to produce any useful product. At the moment, I am unable to effectively extract even the precursor ephedrine from the ephedra plant.

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Try other routes,maybe try extracting ephedrine or pseudo from pills

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
My country doesn't have access to such medications, and many solvents are restricted. Currently, it seems that the most viable option is to extract ephedrine from the ephedra plant and then follow the Moscow route using iodine and red phosphorus in reflux. However, the subsequent hurdle is obtaining hydrochloric acid gas, and I'm unsure how to proceed. Do you have any suggestions regarding hydrochloric acid gas? Can anhydrous calcium sulfate and oxalic acid generate hydrochloric acid gas? The only acid I have access to is oxalic acid, which is why I asked about oxalate salts.And the only available solvent for extraction is petroleum ether, and I don't know if it can directly substitute chloroform or toluene for application.

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I wouldnt recommend handling hcl(g) many novice chemist died this way,to make hcl gas you would need sulphuric acid

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Without hydrochloric acid gas, even if you manage to obtain the freebase of methamphetamine, it would be difficult to crystallize. Do you have any other suggestions? Sulfuric acid is restricted and unavailable for me to obtain.

Gordon Ramsay

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Deals
Have you tried this yourself and could maybe provide some pictures of the final product?

I found it in another forum where the user also mentioned the possibility of using citric acid instead of oxalic acid in the same procedure :)

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Depends in what country you are located in

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can crystallization be accomplished using hydrochloric acid solution titration?

View previous replies…

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
yes you can crystalize it in ether with hydrochloric acid

smdoukeyi

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Oh, dear, ether is also regulated, can petroleum ether be used then?

oldgalaxy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Instead of ether you can do dual solvent recrystalization with ipa and acetone,you can also do it only in acetone if you want,it doesent have to by anhydrous

Heineken

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
u can do salt but amphetamine hcl

Mohammed_Lee

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi! Do you have experiance in producing amphetamine hcl or any liks sbout its production?