ADVICE FOR BASIC AND BEST LABWARE FOR 4MMC AND AMPHETAMINE SYNTHESIS

magnesium_sulphate

Moderator in Lithuania section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello,

I would appreciate if those, that have years of experience and are generous to spare few minutes to list out the basics or most necessary labware for first attempts to synthesise 4MMC and amphetamine. Equipment would be gradually obtained of increasing complexity and variety - it is not due to trying to save every cent on every step - my point is to try working with these two substances on smaller scale so that I can try, fail probably, then try again, and so on until it is logical to improve lab equipment.
A magnetic heater/stirrer is probably needed?
What kind of beakers and how many of them for the beginning would be enough? How many of them and what size for small batches of 4MMC and amphetamine would be required? Are there any specific glass-type requirements?
Condenser? This is probably something to best acquire right away? Are there any specifics on what sort of condenser to get for a beginner for synthesis of these two drugs?
Colbs with three necks? Probably best to get one that is of 1l size? Any specifics? Is one enough?
Thermometers?
Can coffee filters be used for chemistry?
Vacuum filter is something I can make from compressor by reversing the flow and manipulating a bit with it. But for first batches, can simple gravity filtering (I mean using coffee filters, cloth, pressure, and evaporation) be used instead of vacuum filter?

Have I missed anything crucial? How many of colbs, beakers and what sizes I need for starters? Can anything be replaced by anything clandestine? Anything to add?
I will really appreciate advice from experts. I appreciate the existance of this forum and all information shared. Advice on labware would be really appreciated so that I don't have to find out the hard way, realising I lack something in the midlle of process and so on.

Regards

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
There are quite a few of us competent enough to proofread what you understood and calculated from the links provided by master G.Patton, including himself. Start small and understand a lot, equipment improvs and substitutes are applicable to a limited extent therefore ask someone you deem trustworthy before engaging. Find the middle way between ghetto and academic workshop/lab and you can achieve what you wish for. Cheers!

P.S. 1L reactor is the central piece for a starting lab, reflux condenser is absolutely required for Al/Hg reduction of P2NP to amphetamine but pretty much useless for methcathinone synthesis, get yourself a separatory funnel of at least 500mL to go with the 1L reactor (I trust you will thank me for this detail from my advice).

magnesium_sulphate

Moderator in Lithuania section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
There are quite a few of us competent enough to proofread what you understood and calculated from the links provided by master G.Patton, including himself. Start small and understand a lot, equipment improvs and substitutes are applicable to a limited extent therefore ask someone you deem trustworthy before engaging. Find the middle way between ghetto and academic workshop/lab and you can achieve what you wish for. Cheers!

P.S. 1L reactor is the central piece for a starting lab, reflux condenser is absolutely required for Al/Hg reduction of P2NP to amphetamine but pretty much useless for methcathinone synthesis, get yourself a separatory funnel of at least 500mL to go with the 1L reactor (I trust you will thank me for this detail from my advice).
HerrHaberThank you! This is pretty much what I imagined to be the must-needs. 1l reactor would be a cold with flat (or not necessary?) bottom, and with three necks? For a condenser to be fitted, to pour in reagents via another and the third for other action? Or you mean a reactor simply a big colb that can be with one neck?
Because for my personal interest I would only like to concentrate my attempts on amphetamine, but the reality on the ground nowadays dictates otherwise - cathinones had effectively (sadly) pushed amphetamine to a backseat.

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Thank you! This is pretty much what I imagined to be the must-needs. 1l reactor would be a cold with flat (or not necessary?) bottom, and with three necks? For a condenser to be fitted, to pour in reagents via another and the third for other action? Or you mean a reactor simply a big colb that can be with one neck?
Because for my personal interest I would only like to concentrate my attempts on amphetamine, but the reality on the ground nowadays dictates otherwise - cathinones had effectively (sadly) pushed amphetamine to a backseat.
magnesium_sulphateIt's rather necessary for amphetamine to have a bit more equipment than what you need for cathinones and the complexity is also different. The best option is getting from a suplier like vevor a simple distillation kit (it should be noted that the fittings are of different size, 24/40 instead of 29/32) but his you will need for general purpose operations anyway. Same for the hotplate stirrer they sell it's quite affordable, just don't take the cheapest as they are rubbish (it broke in the first 12h of use).

CCL4 huffer

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

HerrHaberyeah in the start ur fine with chinese glas but as u go on u have to upgrade the equipment with it. something many people also dont concidder is doing non sus chemistry on the side since it makes possessing reagents like methylamine benzaldehyde etc etc seme way way less suspicius . also i would never buy glas above 2l from the clearweb since more than that atracts feds like flys on shit.

HerrHaber

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
yeah in the start ur fine with chinese glas but as u go on u have to upgrade the equipment with it. something many people also dont concidder is doing non sus chemistry on the side since it makes possessing reagents like methylamine benzaldehyde etc etc seme way way less suspicius . also i would never buy glas above 2l from the clearweb since more than that atracts feds like flys on shit.
CCL4 hufferI've been working with a vevor kit for more than six months now without breaking anything but the thermometer (it might be that I'm experienced and careful but all glass breaks in the same way). I don't endorse Chinese glassware but it's better to start with all the needed pieces than collect them piece by piece bought at great expense.

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect