4-mmc turn red. Why?

craris100

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Please @$!$, im not going to pay you 5000€ and nothing for this synthesis.
Stop of offering your recipe please, im trying to help to other people too.
One month trying to sell me your shit procedure every day via Telegram, please stop.

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
His product is over acidificated. How it can be good ?

• Haha
Reactions: $!$

$!$

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
More acid like ph3 is no problem where u see other color like Red Brown or yellow ?? Is like milk pure white :p

Attachments

• kMEHhpWqbx.jpg
    kMEHhpWqbx.jpg
    318.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 78DoVaW6Iy.jpg
    78DoVaW6Iy.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 13

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
It’s worth measuring the melting point of your 2b4m sample, it should be about 74-77 degrees approximately. I suspect that there are impurities in your 2b4m

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Problem also can be in DCM if his supplier added alcohol in there. I had almost same issue. This color can't be washed with acetone or ethyl acetate. Only isopropyl alcohol helps, but with high loses

View previous replies…

w2x3f5

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Dichloromethane usually contains ethanol, it is needed to stabilize dichloromethane. 0.5 percent ethanol is unlikely to affect the reaction so much, but dirty 2b4m easily affects. Perhaps there is no ethanol impurity in dichloromethane for analysis.

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Stabled DCM won't affect, but if supplier added much more, it can cause major problems which I had.

DavidNichols

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Ethanol wont cause and problems. Its methylaniline byproduct from dirty precursor.

chudakrekt

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
When acidifying, the temperature should not exceed 30*C, if up - place in water
Use mixer speed 180-250
Use isopropyl alcohol to add acid After you have reached Ph 5-5.5, you can evaporate a quarter of the liquid and put it in the freezer, thereby skipping the step of obtaining flour and immediately getting crystals :)
I have created more than 600 kg of this substance, I think I will write manuals for this forum in which I will tell about all the possible mistakes of beginners, show all the tricks and possible synthesis options

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Lol, metal mixer on acidification process ? Sounds like grey color failure on finish

HeavenChem

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Problem can be in local over-acidification.
When you adding acid too fast your 4-MMC turns in to shit.
Place your beaker on ice bath with magnet stirrer and under separation funnel. Reaction temperature should be not more than 25-30 degrees Celsius. Use about 2-3 drops of concentrated hydrochloric acid per second on 1000g of bromoketone-4
Also red color can be from alcohol in reaction mass. Make sure what your DCM is pure.

chudakrekt

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
About the speed of adding is true, but there are methods with very fast moving You can also use hydrochloric acid IPA