Question Homogenous Powder Mixture

Skinny_Pete_

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello, i want to mix mdma powded and maltodextrin for tablet pressing.
I ve been reading a lot and i found out that is really tricky to get absolute homogenous powder blend. I want the tablets to contain exact amout of 100mg mdma each... maybe there can be little difference lets say like 5mg but overall i want them nearly equal. Has anyone tryed mixing in ball mill for few days and is this method going to blend the powders well. I was thinking about disolving the maltodextrin and mdma in warm acetone, to get slurry like texture, then blend in blender for few minutes then pouring the mixture in shallow flat plate and wait untul the acetone evaporates. Is this method going to give me good blending ?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hi, you need to get same particle size in order to make a homogeneous powder blend.
Both substances should have approximately the same solubility. Not sure that this way will resolve your issue.

Skinny_Pete_

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hi, thanks... Does ball milling with glass or ceramic media for lets say 24h will get the mdma and the other inactive ingridients at the same particle size ? And after the milling is aditional mixing needed ?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I find it difficult to answer cuz I have no experience with them. I assume that additional mixing is obviously needed.