How to make Methyloamine in water

white7proton

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Can someone educate me on how to make Methyloamine in liquid water from methylamine Hcl Cas 593-51-1

antrax

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
View previous replies…

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello, take 1 mole methylamine (not Methyloamine) hydrochloride and dissolve in minimum amount of water.
Add there 1 mole NaOH aqueous solution slowly. [1 mole NaOH use to prepare concentrated 50% NaOH sln]
Pay attantion that methylamine is very volatile and poisonous. [use PPE and ventilation]

View previous replies…

white7proton

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello, take 1 mole methylamine (not Methyloamine) hydrochloride and dissolve in minimum amount of water.
Add there 1 mole NaOH aqueous solution slowly. [1 mole NaOH use to prepare concentrated 50% NaOH sln]
Pay attantion that methylamine is very volatile and poisonous. [use PPE and ventilation]
G.PattonHello is it possible if you can also give me the synthesis for methylamine in a simple description and also can you tell me the quantities of each ingredient in grams that would be very helpful thank you, also do you know any European providers for Methylamine

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello is it possible if you can also give me the synthesis for methylamine in a simple description and also can you tell me the quantities of each ingredient in grams that would be very helpful thank you, also do you know any European providers for Methylamine
white7protonThe scale is up to your synthesis. I said you the simplest explanation. Look at here: Moles, grams, litres and chemical calculations
Do you wanna in grams?

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Hello is it possible if you can also give me the synthesis for methylamine in a simple description and also can you tell me the quantities of each ingredient in grams that would be very helpful thank you, also do you know any European providers for Methylamine
white7proton2 parts formaldehyde + 1 part ammonium chloride. I've seen people react it in various ways. I reflux it under vacuum for 4 hours, then distill it under vacuum to get the highest ratio of monomethylamonium chloride compared to di and tri methylammonium cl. Then you clean it of unreacted ammonium chloride with butyl or ethyl or methyl alcohol which dissolves the methylation better. So, you reflux, filter hot. Solids are tossed, then you do it again. Up to 4 times, then rinse with chloroform which dissolves the di and tri.

white7proton

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
G.PattonDo you know any European vendors for Methylamine 40% Aqueous

$!$

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
G.PattonHello sir
How much i need for
1kg Methyloamine hcl
NaOh gram??
Water ml??
To get 1l Methylamine 40% Aqueous??

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hello sir
How much i need for
1kg Methyloamine hcl
NaOh gram??
Water ml??
To get 1l Methylamine 40% Aqueous??
$!$Hello, you don't need exactly 40%, but you have to know for sure how much methylamine are you using in the synthesis. Chem calculation you can carry out by yourself. There is tutorial how to: Moles, grams, litres and chemical calculations

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out to people looking at how to deproyonate the hcl to base methylamine, if your precursor is a salt ( hcl, sulfate, carbonate, phosphate ect.) You can do it in-vitro, and save your self a lot of effort solvent time extra. Just add 2× the amount ( in moles) of the hcl and adjust the ph of the whole mixture.

white7proton

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out to people looking at how to deproyonate the hcl to base methylamine, if your precursor is a salt ( hcl, sulfate, carbonate, phosphate ect.) You can do it in-vitro, and save your self a lot of effort solvent time extra. Just add 2× the amount ( in moles) of the hcl and adjust the ph of the whole mixture.
Frit BuchnerCan you explain what you mean please. Would really help me out if you can just go over this with me please.

Frit Buchner

Moderator in US section
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Can you explain what you mean please. Would really help me out if you can just go over this with me please.
white7protonI wonder why I never seen this. Anyways. Methylamine HCL is also known as methylammonium chloride. Let's look at a mole of it;
It should be CH³NH²HCL and Methylamine is CH³NH²
CH³ a methyl group, methane
NH² AN amine, amino group
HCL hydrogen chloride, an acid
Mol. Wt of CH³NH²; 31.058g/mol
Mol.wt. of CH³NH²HCL; 67.52g/mol
67.52g-31.058g=36.452g
HCL mol.wt? 36.452g/mol.
If you take a mole of methylamine and add a mole of HCL, you get a mol. Of methylamine hcl!
Now, let's neutralize it. Did you know that a mole of NaOH (sodium hydroxide) neutralizes a mole of hydrogen chloride? It's true. The great thing about it is HCL and NaOH are made for each other. The Na+ links the Cl- and that's (NaCl) salt. The H+ takes the OH- and makes(H²O) water. 2 benign products from 2 caustic poisonous ones.
It's the same thing for all Hcls for every mole of whatever your precursor is (that's an HCL) you need a mole of NaOH to neutralize it to the base molecule
So you add the moles of precursor and the moles of methylamine HCL and add that many moles of lye and that's it. You need to come the reaction vessel immediately of course because methylamine is a gas

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect