Isomers and tartaric acid

btcboss2022

Don't buy from me
Resident
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I think something wrong with graph.
If you use L+-tartaric acid(cheaper and easier to find)the D enantiomer(amph,Meth) will be in the solution not in the solid as there appears.
If you use D-tartaric acid(more expensive and difficult to find) the D enantiomer(amph,Meth) will be in the solid.
Thanks.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I think something wrong with graph.
If you use L+-tartaric acid(cheaper and easier to find)the D enantiomer(amph,Meth) will be in the solution not in the solid as there appears.
If you use D-tartaric acid(more expensive and difficult to find) the D enantiomer(amph,Meth) will be in the solid.
Thanks.
btcboss2022His scheme is correct. Salt is precipitated into the solid state. No difference, d-amphetamine l-tartaric acid salt or l-amphetamine d-tartaric salt. You can change acid and get difference isomer in the solid state with following procedures.

P.S. same for methamphetamine.

View previous replies…

Ihml

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hello, does methamphetamine synthesized from the method of ephedrine and pseudoephedrine give the d-methamphetamine isomer with 99% purity? If not, how much?
Joker_55555I’m not Patton, but: it’d produce only D-meth of the ephedrine that was used was derived from a plant, since plants naturally only produce L-ephedrine (which turns into the opposite enantiomer after reaction - D-meth in this case). If chemically synthesized ephedrine was used, than you’d get racemic meth, because ephedrine synthesis isn’t stereospecific.

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect