Reaction score
Deals

OttoBulletproof

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I tried following your steps today.
Z3AVCkId1X

30g of Kratom Leaf powder were added to a 1L Erlenmeyer Flask with 200ml of 5% Vinegar. The mixture was stirred on a magnetic stirrer for about 15 Minutes until there were no more clumps of Kratom powder.
D68Jn3pgmh

200ml of warm dH20 were added and the mixture was put into a hot water bath, temperature kept between 60-80°C.
YqOUhdC3Sl

I didn't measure out the ammount of Sodium Hydroxide but I think it was around 7-8 Spoons. The mixture turnt red/magenta. I tried measuring the ph but the kratom always got on the ph stripes and made the results unclear so I just guessed.
Q5VgFYEtJ8
MVXgCw3NLD

After an hour in the hot water bath I added 40ml of Naphtha.
CTsV4HA5nJ

I poured the naphtha into the mixture, swirled around and let it sit for 15 Minutes. The naphtha got now really dark and was not see through anymore. I probably had an emulsion. I added some NaCl and tried breaking the emulsion with a vibrator app on my phone. I don't know if It fully broke tho. I put the naphtha into the dish and let it dry with opened windows and a fan.
Ge5EZJ2p6n

After two pulls I was only able to scape this ugly looking stuff out of the dish. Where did I go wrong?

KsXvlygR6D

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I tried following your steps today.
View attachment 9141
30g of Kratom Leaf powder were added to a 1L Erlenmeyer Flask with 200ml of 5% Vinegar. The mixture was stirred on a magnetic stirrer for about 15 Minutes until there were no more clumps of Kratom powder.
View attachment 9142
200ml of warm dH20 were added and the mixture was put into a hot water bath, temperature kept between 60-80°C.
View attachment 9143
I didn't measure out the ammount of Sodium Hydroxide but I think it was around 7-8 Spoons. The mixture turnt red/magenta. I tried measuring the ph but the kratom always got on the ph stripes and made the results unclear so I just guessed.
View attachment 9144 View attachment 9145
After an hour in the hot water bath I added 40ml of Naphtha.
View attachment 9146
I poured the naphtha into the mixture, swirled around and let it sit for 15 Minutes. The naphtha got now really dark and was not see through anymore. I probably had an emulsion. I added some NaCl and tried breaking the emulsion with a vibrator app on my phone. I don't know if It fully broke tho. I put the naphtha into the dish and let it dry with opened windows and a fan.
View attachment 9148
After two pulls I was only able to scape this ugly looking stuff out of the dish. Where did I go wrong?

View attachment 9150
OttoBulletproofHi, sorry for a long reply.
Sodium Hydroxide but I think it was around 7-8 Spoons.
Was these table spoons or teaspoons? I think it was too much.
Have you tried to use this stuff? Probably your product there in these oily snots. You just need to crystalize it. You can repeat procedure with xylene if you don't have toluene. Probably solvent play key role here.

Add table spoon of xylene to this product and try to scratch it by glass rod or fork on a ceramic or pyrex dish. Small crystals have to appear.

HIGGS BOSSON

Expert
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for a long reply.

Have you tried to use this stuff? Probably your product there in these oily snots. You just need to crystalize it. You can repeat procedure with xylene if you don't have toluene. Probably solvent play key role here.

Add table spoon of xylene to this product and try to scratch it by glass rod or fork on a ceramic or pyrex dish. Small crystals have to appear.
G.PattonKratom extract, which I bought for myself, looked exactly like this. They were not a crystalline powder, but looked like a thickened resin of almost black color.

OttoBulletproof

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi, sorry for a long reply.

G.PattonTable spoons. I tried it like that and it had little but some activity. I've read that naphtha actually only extracts the fatts from kratom and only a negligible ammount of alkaloids. But it was fun trying out some amateur chemistry again. :)

Mr. F

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

View attachment 3825

Introduction View attachment 3824

Any user of Kratom can attest to the annoyance of choking down multiple grams of rough powder to achieve your own personal state of bliss. Having recently extracted DMT from various plant sources, I wondered why I could not use the same sort of methodology in order to extract the active alkaloids (particularly Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine) from Kratom powder to produce an easier to ingest crystalline solution. After extensive research on the subject, I found only a handful of manuals on the subject (which all utilized different methods and occasionally were inconsistent in theory) and even less information on the subjective effects of the end product utilizing different route of administrations.

Equipment and glassware:

• 0.5 L Pyrex dish;
  • 0.5 L (x2) and 200 ml (x2) beakers;
  • Magnetic stirrer with heating surface;
  • Eyedropper (or Pasteur pipette);
  • Razor blade.

Reagents:

• 30 g Kratom leafs (powder);
  • 200 mL 5% Acetic acid (AcOH);
  • ~ 40 g NaOH *;
  • ~ 40 mL Toluene;
  • ~ 200 ml Distilled (H2O).
* - NaOH is a strong base that should always be handled with extreme care. The combination of NaOH with water produces an exothermic reaction and should, thus, always be added very slowly to a solution containing H2O; NEVER pour H2O into a jar containing NaOH, always add the NaOH to a stable liquid solution instead.

Procedure

1. I heated 30 grams of my Bali Kratom and added 200 ml of Heinz distilled vinegar (5% acetic acid) to the beaker, which was just enough to cover the powder completely. I then stirred this mixture and let sit until I perceived no further dissolving of Kratom, at which point I added an equal amount (200 ml) of warm distilled H2O.

2. I ran a hot water bath (an electric hot plate would work even better) and set the solution in it, constantly changing out lukewarm water with near-boiling water.
3. I added the NaOH aq. solution until the pH increased to 11.

4. After the hour passed (while constantly keeping my hot water bath hot) I added toluene. Use about 1 ml toluene per 1 g of leaf used. Now add this to your warm/hot basified leaf solution and stir well.
If you have been using Bunsen burners or alcohol flames to keep the solution warm, make sure to have them extinguished before you even open the bottle of toluene. Toluene vapors are HIGHLY flammable. Do not become a statistic. Instead, use the hot water bath method mentioned above. Once you have stirred the toluene into the warm/hot solution for about 5-10 minutes, let it then separate.
5. You have two distinct layers, pull off the top layer (toluene) with a glass eyedropper. Your solution in the eyedropper (or Pasteur pipette) should look yellow, almost like flat Mountain Dew.
6. Decant your toluene layer into a flat glass tray (Pyrex). You will use this to collect your product, and evaporate off the toluene. You have to repeat steps 4-5 with toluene addition 2 times more to increase extraction yield.
7. Evaporate toluene off in front of a fan. It is preferred to do this outside, but not all living situations can accommodate this. If you have to do it inside, make sure you are not near any outlets. It is also CRUCIAL to have adequate ventilation by opening up any windows or doors that can provide air exchange.
8. Once the toluene evaporates, you will be left with an orange/yellow layer on the bottom of the tray that smells very floral. Take a razor blade and scrape up all the material, and you will end up with this (see below). At this point, I did one acetone wash and evaporated in a flat Pyrex tray to get pure crystals. I then scraped this up, to get my final product.
After a 40 g extraction, I ended up with roughly 400 mg of these Kratom crystals. It's ~1% yield.
G.PattonIs it also possible to extract the alkaloidmix from poppys (morphine, thebain, ..) with this method?

JimmyyJammzz

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
This is pretty neat. I'm a very junior chemist but this seems easy enough to not even be a challenge. I am excited to try it.

Agilent1100DAD

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
@G.Patton I used to do quite a bit of kratom/kavalactone extractions. I was developing a 7-OH mitragynine sublingual drug delivery system for opioid dependence and a dihydrokavain transdermal patch for smoking cessation. The focus of this post will be on the kratom extraction, although the same “findings” on enhanced extraction methods can be applied to the kava. I wish I could remember enough of my procedure to write a full report… but nonetheless I’ll share some photos I took during the process. We also managed to come up with a good and robust quantitative analysis for the determination of alkaloids such as corynantheidine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, isocorynantheidine, mitragynine, paynantheine, speciociliatine, and speciogynine. We coupled a Agilent 1100 with a triple quad mass spec. The column was a Waters Acquity BEH C18 column (1.7 μm, 2.1 × 100 mm) and the mobile phases were ammonium acetate buffer (A) and ACN (B). We also developed a method for separation and quantitative analysis of most kavalactones such as desmethoxyyangonin, dihydrokavain, yangonin, kavain, dihydromethysticin, and methysticin; which was a real pain in the ass. I don’t have the chromatographs for the kava analysis unfortunately.

Di9teSzX24

I do remember managing to separate and collect about 50 mg of purified paynantheine via flash chromatography and it rocked my world. I wish the synthesis routes weren’t so complicated for these compounds!! Below is my make shift flash chroma system lol. I used a peristaltic pump with digital controls and a redisep flash column.

CMJ5WYPA7e

Going back to the extraction of kratom, the best initial extraction method I found was to take the powdered kratom and add ethyl acetate to it. We used a 5L reaction flask a single 24/40 neck. We used a combination of sonication snd heat with a reflux condenser. The photo below has the kratom extraction set up to the left snd a kava extraction to the right.

RuVUl65Y8M

afterwards, we filtered, evaporated the solvent and did some sort of A/B extraction. We ended up with these dark green crystals, pictured below.

BV1fU7qnvk

Lastly, I remember winterizing/defatting the kratom and kava residue worked very nicely

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
@G.Patton I used to do quite a bit of kratom/kavalactone extractions. I was developing a 7-OH mitragynine sublingual drug delivery system for opioid dependence and a dihydrokavain transdermal patch for smoking cessation. The focus of this post will be on the kratom extraction, although the same “findings” on enhanced extraction methods can be applied to the kava. I wish I could remember enough of my procedure to write a full report… but nonetheless I’ll share some photos I took during the process. We also managed to come up with a good and robust quantitative analysis for the determination of alkaloids such as corynantheidine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, isocorynantheidine, mitragynine, paynantheine, speciociliatine, and speciogynine. We coupled a Agilent 1100 with a triple quad mass spec. The column was a Waters Acquity BEH C18 column (1.7 μm, 2.1 × 100 mm) and the mobile phases were ammonium acetate buffer (A) and ACN (B). We also developed a method for separation and quantitative analysis of most kavalactones such as desmethoxyyangonin, dihydrokavain, yangonin, kavain, dihydromethysticin, and methysticin; which was a real pain in the ass. I don’t have the chromatographs for the kava analysis unfortunately.

View attachment 9964
I do remember managing to separate and collect about 50 mg of purified paynantheine via flash chromatography and it rocked my world. I wish the synthesis routes weren’t so complicated for these compounds!! Below is my make shift flash chroma system lol. I used a peristaltic pump with digital controls and a redisep flash column.

View attachment 9966

Going back to the extraction of kratom, the best initial extraction method I found was to take the powdered kratom and add ethyl acetate to it. We used a 5L reaction flask a single 24/40 neck. We used a combination of sonication snd heat with a reflux condenser. The photo below has the kratom extraction set up to the left snd a kava extraction to the right.

View attachment 9970

afterwards, we filtered, evaporated the solvent and did some sort of A/B extraction. We ended up with these dark green crystals, pictured below.

View attachment 9971

Lastly, I remember winterizing/defatting the kratom and kava residue worked very nicely
Agilent1100DAD
We also managed to come up with a good and robust quantitative analysis for the determination of alkaloids such as corynantheidine, 7-hydroxymitragynine, isocorynantheidine, mitragynine, paynantheine, speciociliatine, and speciogynine. We coupled a Agilent 1100 with a triple quad mass spec.
Can you tell me about chromatograms a bit more? I'm interested in the picture: are these chromatograms of each sample from one batch, are these different batches?

curiousgeorge

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
This is what OPMS KRATOM got rich off of putting to the open market before anyone else.

Mr. F

Don't buy from me
Reaction score

View attachment 3825

Any user of Kratom can attest to the annoyance of choking down multiple grams of rough powder to achieve your own personal state of bliss. Having recently extracted DMT from various plant sources, I wondered why I could not use the same sort of methodology in order to extract the active alkaloids (particularly Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine) from Kratom powder to produce an easier to ingest crystalline solution. After extensive research on the subject, I found only a handful of manuals on the subject (which all utilized different methods and occasionally were inconsistent in theory) and even less information on the subjective effects of the end product utilizing different route of administrations.

Equipment and glassware:

• 0.5 L Pyrex dish;
  • Razor blade.

Reagents:

• ~ 40 g NaOH *;
  • ~ 40 mL Toluene;
* - NaOH is a strong base that should always be handled with extreme care. The combination of NaOH with water produces an exothermic reaction and should, thus, always be added very slowly to a solution containing H2O; NEVER pour H2O into a jar containing NaOH, always add the NaOH to a stable liquid solution instead.

Procedure

1. I heated 30 grams of my Bali Kratom and added 200 ml of Heinz distilled vinegar (5% acetic acid) to the beaker, which was just enough to cover the powder completely. I then stirred this mixture and let sit until I perceived no further dissolving of Kratom, at which point I added an equal amount (200 ml) of warm distilled H2O.

2. I ran a hot water bath (an electric hot plate would work even better) and set the solution in it, constantly changing out lukewarm water with near-boiling water.

4. After the hour passed (while constantly keeping my hot water bath hot) I added toluene. Use about 1 ml toluene per 1 g of leaf used. Now add this to your warm/hot basified leaf solution and stir well.
If you have been using Bunsen burners or alcohol flames to keep the solution warm, make sure to have them extinguished before you even open the bottle of toluene. Toluene vapors are HIGHLY flammable. Do not become a statistic. Instead, use the hot water bath method mentioned above. Once you have stirred the toluene into the warm/hot solution for about 5-10 minutes, let it then separate.
5. You have two distinct layers, pull off the top layer (toluene) with a glass eyedropper. Your solution in the eyedropper (or Pasteur pipette) should look yellow, almost like flat Mountain Dew.
6. Decant your toluene layer into a flat glass tray (Pyrex). You will use this to collect your product, and evaporate off the toluene. You have to repeat steps 4-5 with toluene addition 2 times more to increase extraction yield.
7. Evaporate toluene off in front of a fan. It is preferred to do this outside, but not all living situations can accommodate this. If you have to do it inside, make sure you are not near any outlets. It is also CRUCIAL to have adequate ventilation by opening up any windows or doors that can provide air exchange.
8. Once the toluene evaporates, you will be left with an orange/yellow layer on the bottom of the tray that smells very floral. Take a razor blade and scrape up all the material, and you will end up with this (see below). At this point, I did one acetone wash and evaporated in a flat Pyrex tray to get pure crystals. I then scraped this up, to get my final product.
After a 40 g extraction, I ended up with roughly 400 mg of these Kratom crystals. It's ~1% yield.
G.Patton

View attachment 3825

Equipment and glassware:

• 0.5 L Pyrex dish;
  • Razor blade.

Reagents:

• ~ 40 g NaOH *;
  • ~ 40 mL Toluene;

Procedure

I tried the extraction the same way you did it and i also did on Aceton wash with the product, but i only got an orange amorphous powder with a few crystals in it and not as "pure" crystals as you . Is it possible, that i messed up th extraction because i added to much NaOH (think pH was around 12-13) and didn´t use destilled water? Or was the Aceton wash to poor because i only used like 10-20mL of Aceton?​

Attachments

• lKAh8eLYGz.jpg
    lKAh8eLYGz.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 512

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
I tried the extraction the same way you did it and i also did on Aceton wash with the product, but i only got an orange amorphous powder with a few crystals in it and not as "pure" crystals as you . Is it possible, that i messed up th extraction because i added to much NaOH (think pH was around 12-13) and didn´t use destilled water? Or was the Aceton wash to poor because i only used like 10-20mL of Aceton?
Hello, I need more input data to help you. Write here please your step-by-step procedure. Actually looks nice, recrystallize it.

Mr. F

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Hello, I need more input data to help you. Write here please your step-by-step procedure. Actually looks nice, recrystallize it.
G.PattonAt first i tried to dissolve 40g of Kratom powder in 200mL of acetic acid 5%, which didn't work as expected because it was still Solid and Not in a soluted state, so i added another 200mL of the acid and stirred the mixture for a few minutes on a magnetic stirrer. Then i added 200mL of warm/hot destilled water and stirred for another Like 5-10 minutes.

Then i made the NaOH solution (but with normal water instead of destilled water because i didn't thougt of it, that the water in the NaOH solution should also be destilled 😃), and added like 300mL of it, because at first i used to less NaOH in the solution and the pH didn't increased so rapidly. The last pH mesurement was around 12-13, where the solution hat a dark Red to brownish colour.

After that i let the solution stirr for about an hour and keept it warm with the heating Plate on the magnetic stirring table.

I then added around 40mL of toluene stirred Well, and let the two phases seperate for a few minutes. I took of the toluene Phase with a Pasteurpipette (which was a hell of a procedere, next time i will use a seperating funnel ) and droped it into a flat Glas pyrex. I extracted two more times with 40mL of toluene.

I let the solvent evapruate over night outside, and then scraped the thin layer which was left with a razor Blade. I got a P
powder which was a bit darker than on the picture i posted.

I dissolved the Powder in Like 20mL of acetone, filtered it and again put it on the Glas pyrex. After Aceton dissolved i got this orange powder with a few crystals in it which smells floral as you decribed in the main post. I haven't weighed it yet because i want to do another Aceton wash, hopeing to get better crystals.

Last edited:

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
At first i tried to dissolve 40g of Kratom powder in 200mL of acetic acid 5%, which didn't work as expected because it was still Solid and Not in a soluted state, so i added another 200mL of the acid and stirred the mixture for a few minutes on a magnetic stirrer. Then i added 200mL of warm/hot destilled water and stirred for another Like 5-10 minutes.

Then i made the NaOH solution (but with normal water instead of destilled water because i didn't thougt of it, that the water in the NaOH solution should also be destilled 😃), and added like 300mL of it, because at first i used to less NaOH in the solution and the pH didn't increased so rapidly. The last pH mesurement was around 12-13, where the solution hat a dark Red to brownish colour.

After that i let the solution stirr for about an hour and keept it warm with the heating Plate on the magnetic stirring table.

I then added around 40mL of toluene stirred Well, and let the two phases seperate for a few minutes. I took of the toluene Phase with a Pasteurpipette (which was a hell of a procedere, next time i will use a seperating funnel ) and droped it into a flat Glas pyrex. I extracted two more times with 40mL of toluene.

I let the solvent evapruate over night outside, and then scraped the thin layer which was left with a razor Blade. I got a P
powder which was a bit darker than on the picture i posted.

I dissolved the Powder in Like 20mL of acetone, filtered it and again put it on the Glas pyrex. After Aceton dissolved i got this orange powder with a few crystals in it which smells floral as you decribed in the main post. I haven't weighed it yet because i want to do another Aceton wash, hopeing to get better crystals.
Mr. FYour procedure looks correct. You can use filtered water from a tap. No problems.

Sir_Smokealot

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
@G.Patton Can I also use xylene instead of toloul?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Last edited:
  • Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect

• The BB Forum team is looking for cooperation:

• Traffic arbitrage specialists
    • Spammers
    • Advertising agencies
    • Bloggers/Vloggers
    • TOR sites directories
    • Creative people who can create viral content
    • Administrators of Telegram Channels and Groups

We will pay more for your traffic than our competitors! $0.1 per visitor!!!If you are interested in, write to the administrator.