Mephedrone can exist as two isomers, R and S.

4synergy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
The two isomers, R and S, are chemically similar but not identical molecules. In other words, the R-isomer of a drug will not necessarily behave the same way as the S-isomer of the same drug when taken by a person. You could say that each isomer is like a different drug.

Gregg and Baumann (2014) demonstrated that the S-isomer of mephedrone is more serotonergic, which would confer similar properties to MDMA; while the R-isomer is known to be more stimulatory.

The precursor of mephedrone is 2-bromo-4'-methylpropiophenone indicates that the syntheses we are carrying out are racemic (50/50).

Correct?

Now my questions are:

- How can we produce only one of the two isomers ?

- Are we sure to produce 4-MMD or 4-MEC (It makes me wonder because Dr. Zee (Israeli chemist credited with discovering mephedrone in 2004) clearly says that mephedrone does not create rice fragments in crystallization.) ?

- Are we sure of the percursor that arrives ?

- My clients have noticed a difference between the mephedrones tried, some with a more violent hit, others calmer and more manageable. Could this difference depend on the isomer?

TheVacuumGuy

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
There is no way to produce a given isomer on purpose.

The difference that clients notice could be anything. From setting and mental state when using, to small differences in batches produced.

CCL4 huffer

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
i mean u can. just use the gringard route starting out from m methyl benzaldehyde. otherwise u could use a meta directiong method ig but that would still produce trace amounts of the other 2 isomers also prolly pretty tedious.