methlylamine

HairyPoppins

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
When i make methylamine hydrochloride from ammonium chloride and formaldehyde it doesn't really smell as bad as people say. does anybody else get it?

xoxo2.0

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
crystaline form has very less odor but the actual odor is in aq form as it's boiling point is lower than the room temp. the vapours has a ammonical odor to fishy.

HairyPoppins

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
crystaline form has very less odor but the actual odor is in aq form as it's boiling point is lower than the room temp. the vapours has a ammonical odor to fishy.
xoxo2.0ok yeah i dont think its as bad as everyone says. mine does have a bit of smell but its not as strong as chlorine,acetic acid or ammonia.

Never to sleep

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I confirm. The hydrochloride salt has a very subtle odor. Like xoxo2.0 said, when heated ammonia like fumes are released with a resemblance of the iconic general smell of various amines.

HairyPoppins

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Maybe mine just isnt that pure.i never got the salt because it sublimates at rt ,my fume hood is pretty good though. I haven't used it much in reaction.just the times that i have,it didnt come off as strong as I thought it should. thanks

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect