Is nitromethane useful for phenethylamines other than mescaline?

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I just ordered some nitromethane thinking I was going to make some substituted phenethylamines but it seems like the only synthesis I can do with it really that I would want to is to make mescaline etc…any ideas or anything I’m missing, I was hoping to be able to just buy 2,5-dmo benzaldehyde but then I’d need nitroethane or is there a way to make 2c compounds using nitromethane?
Thabks

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Oh I also have benzene. Just normal benzene, I’m sure I could make P2NP but again don’t really want something that doesn’t make me trip.

WillD

Expert
Reaction score
nitroEthane - for alpha-methyl compounds (amph, tma, dom, etc)
nitroMethane - for phenyethylamines (without alpha methyl) - 2c-x-series, mesc, etc

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
That makes infinitely more sense - although I’d kind of gathered it by looking at the literature so much by now BUT I didn’t really understand WHY. So thanks for that!

Swirly

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Yes! Nitromethane will be very handy when making a variety of compounds. 2c-b for example. Also get some ethylenediamine. By far the best catalyst when making nitrostyrenes.

Rabidreject

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Ah interesting. Ok, I’m sure I’ll be able to find some of that somewhere!
Also, I decided to go with the 3,4,5 psychedelic precursor we all know - main reason. Price!!! But I have to get there by using the benzaldehyde I already have and so will need both nitroethane and nitromethane. Will get it from RC car fuel the latter.
I also saw a product on eBay from Italy that was pure nitroethane called Nipron…

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect