Nitroethane Source

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Few time ago, I accidentally stumble into this interesting product. Looks like 16 oz (473 ml) of a little admixtured nitroethane. Have anyone tried to distill this and get nitroethane?
Cuccio Pro Step 6 Powder Polish Deep System Brush Cleanser Refill, 16 oz
RCJu5TVjwq

Huey Freeman

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
does it need any more stept until safely used for p2np synthesis?

OTC_HomeChemist

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Looks nice - another product which works and contains about 40% of nitroethane is Acrifix 1S 0117, it can be easily distilled from it... I've used a 30cm column and it worked well.

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Most Countries only have the small bottle 14ml available! But if you can get the larger 480ml and 900ml bottles, then this is the way to go, after distilling it 100% works for most syntheses.

InLikeFlynn

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I actually found a bottle of this for my P2NP synth. All I need is N-butylamine now (having some trouble on that front)

FENTAMAS

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
You can use other amines too, for example Isobutylamine, that is easy obtainable via Valine a-amino acid decarboxylation.

View previous replies…

Macondor

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
hexamethylenetetramine (urotropine, hexamine) can be used intad of cyclohexylamine to MDP2NP ?¡?

FENTAMAS

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
no, look for the primary aliphatic amines

Macondor

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
thanks, i ask because this..
"Dissolve 140g (1 mole) of hexamethylenetetramine (urotropine, hexamine) and 157.5g (1.05 moles) sodium iodide (or 174g (1.05 moles) potassium iodide) in 1000ml of hot 95% ethyl alcohol (190 proof grain alcohol). 243g of bromosafrole (1 mole) is then added and the solution is allowed to stand until no precipitation occurs. A stream of HCl gas is then run into the mixture where the precipitate is hydrolyzed, dissolves and ammonium chloride precipitates. The ammonium chloride is filtered off and the alcohol of the filtrate is removed through distillation under reduced pressure. Purify the crude amine left by releasing the free base with NaOH solution (45g NaOH in 135 ml water). Extract the oil with ether (or toluene, methylene chloride etc.) and reconvert to the HCl salt with a stream of HCl gas. Filter the crystals formed from the ether."

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I'm not sure if there was an old formula or not but that bottle they sell today still says Nitroethane as the primary ingredient but it is 50/50 acetone and Nitroethane. Absolutely needs to be distilled prior to use. Actually probably two or three times because I absolutely know that acetone will cause issues during the synthesis. Still works just know that you'll get 8 oz or maybe seven of what you want and the rest give it to the girlfriend to use for her nails.

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I was interested in this product before and after researching I read that it contains 99% nitroethane ( Material safety data sheet )
But I read somewhere on the internet that someone had tried it and said it only contained a small amount of nitroethane (I think 10%).

View previous replies…

InLikeFlynn

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I'm curious if they used "Step 6" and not another step in this family of products. AFAIK Step 6 is the only one that is primarily nitroethane. Step 8 has Acetone and Nitroethane.

"Cuccio Pro Powder Polish Dip System Step 8 Dipping Powder Remover"
Chemical Name % by Weight CAS #.
ACETONE 60-75% 67-64-1
NITROETHANE 25-40% 79-24-3

View previous replies…

yuiopjkl

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
They used "step 6"

HIGGS BOSSON said above that he would buy it for someone to test it, so soon we'll know the results

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Step 6 has 50% acetone and 50% nitroethane . I know what the SDS says but it's lying. I have distilled it first hand it was at least half of acetone coming over at 55c or so. Then it jumped up to about 120 C and the rest came over. I also distilled it about eight times over and over because any bit of acetone literally prevents the reaction everybody wants to use it for and it just would not crystallize afterwards no matter what. It should have came over at 114c. Something is definitely up with that stuff and I would not mess with it. There is another option out there that literally is nothing but nitroethane....

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes, i can confirm this product works.
Distill it first then use as usual.
Only problem is they come in tiny 14ml bottles and they are likely being phased out into oblivion.. so get it while you can..
There were some 480ml bottles in the U.K i think..
Good luck!

waltjr5858

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Just recently a bottle was disstiled and almost half came over at the boiling temp of acetone and the rest came over at 120.... a little higher than the 115 ish that nitro should but close enough. It was disstiled 7 times to get alllll the acetone out and still had issues with crystallization of p2np. Made with same stuff but switched to nitro for known good stuff and works perfectly so I am not positive what's in these bottles now...

handle

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Yes! Get it while you can! product will be 'End Of Line' soon.