Phenylacetone (P2P) synthesis from benzaldehyde with butanone

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I have washed my P2P 2 times, and it is still red coloured when all of it (~20 ml) it sits in my measuring flask.
When it was in my pyrex dish, it was clear coloured, and when it was stuck in the instrument I was taking it out it was yellow coloured.
Is this normal? It is in oil form, and the smell is very honey-like.

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I have washed my P2P 2 times, and it is still red coloured when all of it (~20 ml) it sits in my measuring flask.
When it was in my pyrex dish, it was clear coloured, and when it was stuck in the instrument I was taking it out it was yellow coloured.
Is this normal? It is in oil form, and the smell is very honey-like.
TheNut22When I introduce hydrogen chloride, it also turns red

View previous replies…

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
This is normal, the fact that it becomes red. With recrystallization with ethanol, this can be purified
WillDI have gradually heated now for about 5 hours. My reaction temperature has been 160 C now for about 3 hours (my digi-meter is outside the flask). I'm ready for 24 hour reaction, but what do you think, how many hours should I heat this. I have AlCl3 catalyst, formamide, my P2P and formic acid in there with boiling stones.

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Now it has been about 25 hours ~ 155 C, but I'm still not finished.
Good bubbling still going.

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Now it has been about 25 hours ~ 155 C, but I'm still not finished.
Good bubbling still going.
TheNut22I finished refluxing at 27:th hour. What I was left is black very thick oil, that smells like amine. Just waiting tomorrow to get my solutes to proceed.

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Teacher, if my device only has a 1000ml device, how should I proceed

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Can u reformulate your question correctly? It's not understandable.
G.PattonMy instrument only has a maximum of 1000ml, and I have all the experts in this synthesis method. Only you can reply to me. Thank you. I am extremely grateful

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Step 2: 10 liters of acetic acid will fill the flask. How can other solvents still be filled

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Step 2: 10 liters of acetic acid will fill the flask. How can other solvents still be filled
ZMI_AA0BWhy you are on this forum, or this website? I'm just curious.

View previous replies…

TheNut22

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
I want to learn how to synthesize phenylacetone in the synthesis of amphetamine
ZMI_AA0BWell, what can I say. At first I recommend to you , is to read some chemistry books, like Uncle Fester Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture vol.8. Start from there. Read, and learn, so you don't have to ask any basic questions, that many of us won't bother to tell you, because answering those kind of basics would take so much time that it becomes work. So, you have to read, to even think about manufacturing amphetamines.

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
Well, what can I say. At first I recommend to you , is to read some chemistry books, like Uncle Fester Secrets of Methamphetamine Manufacture vol.8. Start from there. Read, and learn, so you don't have to ask any basic questions, that many of us won't bother to tell you, because answering those kind of basics would take so much time that it becomes work. So, you have to read, to even think about manufacturing amphetamines.
TheNut22Thank you very much for your guidance, teacher

ZMI_AA0B

Don't buy from me
Reaction score
I have found many methods for synthesizing phenylacetone, only this method. I only have the materials, but the instrument is only 1000ml. Can the teacher teach me

• Free product samples

Testing products from new vendors and manufacturers.

Get free samples for testing now!

• Always stay in touch with BB forum. Element/Matrix.

Connect notifications to always stay in touch with the forum!

Connect