GHB (Gamma-Hydroxybutyrate) Synthesis FAQ

TheWaterman

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
Hi I have a question on Sand Mayer process. Will I be done with the process leaving me with GBL only if I stop after Step 4 in the extraction part as it seems like everything after makes it into GHB?

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hi, If I understand you correctly, you want to get GBL by Sandmeyer Reaction. Yes, you can get it at 4th step.

View previous replies…

Jeffrey B.

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
cool, I found GABA in the form of gelatin capsules with just microcelulose as a filler, aswell as 50g bags of questionable purity for ~$10 a pop, sooooooo the pills are cheaper AND purer. I also can buy NaNO2 as some sort of gardening product from a chemical supplier for like $8 a kilo lol. I'm suprised no one here (Poland) makes GHB, its so easy but I've never seen it on the market. I will update whenever I have effects and/or questions

Actually, its still kinda unclear if im supposed to do both distillation AND extraction with DCM, how do i make sure im distilling GBL? isn't the RM full of water? GBL's BP is 204,6 °C, so do I just boil the RM until vapor temp. reaches 204,6 °C and collect from there?

Thanks in advance

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
DCM bp is 39.6*C
GBL bp is 204*C
There is clearly written that you have to distill off water at first. Read several times. I write the same as written in the topic.

JustAnother0rganic

Don't buy from me
Resident
Reaction score
hi,
i just followed the recipe, nothing burnt or too small flask , p
The liquid was crystal clear (except when adding the gbl, for 10mn) but the ph stay high. i ve added a lot of extra gbl i think but still green paper....>8
What can i do to lower the ph please ?
i didnt use a real liquid circuit reflux, but a long 30cm chemineee ended with a vigreux. you think a lot of H2O has gone ? it didnt look like it was fuming... slow boil.

G.Patton

Expert
Solutions
Reaction score
Deals
Hi, there is answer in the text:

It's hard to answer to such question. Too small input data.